Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Why did I create this and where is it going?

Lately I have had the urge to write. I don't know what about and even as I write this, it feels extremely corny. This is probably why I never had a journal. Actually, that is a lie. I kept one once when I went to Mexico. I wonder whatever happened to that...

I am kind of sick of Facebook being in almost every aspect of my life so here it is, my very first blog. I recently downloaded Skype and was told "You can find friends on Skype by linking it to Facebook." I tried this for about 2 minutes before deciding that every program on my computer does not need to be somehow linked to Zuckerberg's creation, so I unlinked it. You can find me the old fashioned way on Skype...Ask.

Today was my first day of fieldwork, if anyone cares. I went to an assisted living place in Bangor with 3 other girls from my class. We didn't do a whole lot today, but it was fun planning activities for the senior citizens next week and getting a tour of the place. We got out 3 hours early so we stayed in Bangor and looked in some shops. It was the first shopping trip in along time where I wasn't looking for my son in the clothes racks, demanding he stop laying in the middle of an aisle, or praying he doesn't smash the bottle of pasta sauce he just picked up and 'Ooh'd' at. A year ago a shopping trip without him would have consisted of me constantly panicking that I forgot him in the car or even worse, on top of the car (which I have never once put him there, so I don't know why I used to have visions of him and his car seat sliding off the roof). I have either gotten past the panicked mom stage or I was having too much fun with people over 36 inches tall...I guess I should take a trip alone sometime to find out which one it was.

I learned something new today that completely baffled my mind, thanks to a blogger I have been following for a while. In high school I could have sworn that my typing teacher taught us to always use 2 spaces after each period. I remember when I would only type one space for essays and teachers would draw in a red circle to point out the missing space. Now I am so well trained to do 2 spaces and as it turns out, this is not 'proper typing etiquette'. Next thing you know someone will come along and say it's rude to type with your elbows on the keyboard....


No comments:

Post a Comment