Thursday, January 26, 2012

Jackpots & Blasters

Thanks to everyone who came to celebrate Logan's Birthday at Chuck E Cheese. I decided to have a small party this year and having my sister offer to host it at CEC was a bonus. No making a cake. No goody bags. No clean up. However, I failed to remember that CEC on a weekend would be packed and a few other kids would also be celebrating a birthday. Regardless, I enjoyed Logan's 2nd Birthday because I didn't feel so overwhelmed with needing to make sure guests were happy and food was ready! Last year I didn't get a cupcake and I never really got to enjoy Logan eating his cake or playing with his friends.

At his party Shane and I both hit the jackpot on separate games. Then about 25 minutes later Logan put a coin in a game, hit a button and walked away. His coin went straight into the jackpot! Suddenly our jackpots didn't seem like such an accomplishment as I heard Shane say. "No way! I couldn't even get that one!" 

When a child has a party at CEC he or she gets to go into the Ticket Blaster and a chance to get a 1,000 point card. Logan is too small for this so I sent Noah in to do the job. For about 3 seconds he wasn't really getting anything. Then all of the sudden he looked down and realized the best way to get tickets is to get the ones that were still on the ground. It was pure genius and I don't think there was a dry eye at the table from laughing so hard!  Best of all, he got the 1,000 point card and Logan and he got some 'nice' stuff at the prize station. I don't have a great picture of the blaster, but I think my mom does. In the mean-time, I'll post these ones....

Collecting tickets
Part of the trail of Logan's jackpot...it was taking so long Logan moved on to another game.

No comments:

Post a Comment